Saturday, July 30, 2011

New Hair

After struggling and failing to color it myself I finally went to a nice salon a few streets down from us in Mountain View called Solstice Salon. The salon owner, Jenny, spoke to me on the phone and told me how I could wash out some of the color, and then told me to stop by the next day. When I stopped in, Soraya Moafi said she could take me that day. She expertly highlighted my dark brown hair with dark blonde, light blonde, and strawberry blonde. She saw immediately what would balance the colors and make my hair look beautiful. Then she gave me a stylish cut that I absolutely love! It made my hair look soft and shiny--no product added. She took her time and did everything with a careful, perfect hand. I really owe it to her. I am still getting used to the darker color, but I love the highlights and cut. Hard to see in this picture, but I have bold blonde streaks in the front that make me feel like Rogue from X-Men, although not quite so dramatic as hers. I will have to get some pictures in better lighting. If you are looking for a colorist you need to call her first--I definitely will. No more at home hair coloring for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment