Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thanksgiving

We had huge success cooking our first Thanksgiving dinner together. Since we were invited to Thanksgiving dinner by the family I babysit for, we went there on the 25th and had our dinner with Uncle Tom on the 26th. There was a lot of good eating and we filled Uncle Tom up very nicely. We cooked a full turkey with home made gravy, marshmallow and brown sugar sweet potatoes, honey glazed carrots, green bean casserole, and we had biscuits and jellied cranberry sauce. The egg nog I tried to create did not turn out and I was too put out to try to fix it, even though my Grandma told me I could have--I should have called! Eric cleaned and gutted and dressed the turkey, then we put it in a magic bag like my Grandma and mom advised, and we had the moistest, most delicious turkey ever cooked. Thanks mom and Grandma for all of your Thanksgiving tips! Here is a picture recap:
Uncle Tom, Eric, and me

Eric preparing the turkey





Mia loves turkey!

Me and Mia dancing in the kitchen

Thanks to all of our friends and relatives for our table settings!



Beautiful turkey--although it was so moist it was falling apart

Mia waiting patiently for turkey

Eric doing his manly duties of turkey carving

Thanksgiving dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment